Garlic sauce on Greek yogurt also called the Mediterranean/Lebanese, is my number one dip ever. It’s a fantastic add-on for appetizers, but it’s also tasty as an independent dish eaten alone. Here in Poland, we eat it with pizza/pizza toast (Italians would yellow at me), salads, grilled meat, or French fries (chips). It’s also a fantastic addition to Greek tzatzikis and pita bread. Garlic sauce is very easy and quick to make, so you don’t have to be a top chef to create this fantastic dip. Ready to prepare? Here is my Polish version of the sauce/dip.
You will find the exact weights and proportions at the bottom of this post.
Basic ingredients for garlic sauce/dip – Greek natural yogurt, garlic cloves, mayonnaise, dill, Greek olive oil, and spices: salt, pepper, sugar, and dried garlic.
Preparing my ingredients. Pour the Greek natural yogurt into the bowl.
To the bowl goes mayonnaise, Greek olive oil, salt, pepper, sugar, and dried garlic. At this point, you don’t really have to add salt, because it may be too salty for your taste. You can always add salt at the end after tasting your final product.
Rinse your dill under running water, then chop it very finely. Peel the garlic cloves, and chop them also. If you have a garlic squeezer, use it!
Add dill and garlic to the bowl and mix.
Your dip is ready! Although, it will taste best when put into the fridge overnight. All flavors then come out from ingredients, mix, and the whole dip will taste simply delicious!
- 400 g Greek natural yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves
- 100 g homemade mayonnaise (7 tbsp)
- 50 ml Greek olive oil (3 tbsp)
- 2 shoots of dill
- 2 tbsp dried garlic
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- Pour Greek natural yogurt, mayonnaise, olive oil, dried garlic, salt, pepper, and sugar into the bowl.
- Rinse the dill, chop it finely, and add to the bowl.
- Peel garlic cloves, chop them finely and add to the bowl. If you have a garlic squeezer, make use of it here.
- Mix everything together. Your dip is ready! You can eat it instantly, but it will be better tomorrow. Put it into fridge for one night, and enjoy it tomorrow.
– French fries/chips
Use the Greek natural yogurt, not a plain one.
You can buy it in every supermarket, but the best one is the one you make youself.